Disinfecting and cleaning are the same things, right? Argh, we hate to break the news but no, they are not.
Cleaning a surface removes the visible contaminants– disinfecting a surface removes the germs.
According to the CDC, cleaning is the first step in stopping the spread of viruses. Thorough cleaning is required on surfaces before high-level disinfection because contaminants remaining on the surfaces can interfere with the effectiveness of disinfecting.
So what does this mean? It means if you really want disinfecting to be effective in your home, it needs to be cleaned first, of course! And this is where we come in…
Zerorez® Phoenix removes more soil and contaminants than anyone else, no joke! We have earned a platinum rating by the Carpet and Rug Institute for maximum soil extraction (that means we get a whole lot of stuff out of your carpet).
During this Coronavirus pandemic, cleaning and disinfecting your home is more important than ever before. Let us help you with step one of keeping your family healthy:
Cleaning Is Step One
So the first step to your healthy Coronavirus cleaning process is, as discusses cleaning thoroughly.
Now you can do most of that within your home yourself, but some things (such as your carpet and upholstery for example) might need a bit more of an intricate clean! That’s where Zerorez® Phoenix can come in and help ya out!
With Zerorez® Phoenix carpet cleaning, your carpets will stay cleaner longer! We feel this, in combination with proper disinfecting, will significantly decrease the spread of viruses and make your home and family safer.
Most traditional carpet cleaners use shampoos, soaps, and massive amounts of water that flood the backing of your carpet.
The cleaning equipment used is not capable of suctioning out all of that extra water and soap, that has settled deep into the fibers and sometimes even in the backing of your carpet.
Now because of this, after a traditional cleaning, your carpet is only clean for the moment, but the leftover residue of chemicals and soaps becomes a magnet for dirt, grime, and germs.
This means the carpet simply won’t stay clean for long, as it begins collecting dirt again immediately!
So how can you avoid this “residue”?
Well, with Zerorez® Phoenix, you won’t have to think twice about it. This is because of our patented Powered Water® combined with the Zerorez® carpet cleaning process, puts the perfect cleaning system in place, that leaves Zero Residue® behind on your carpets and upholstery!
We simply don’t use harsh chemicals and soaps, so you won’t have to worry about stains sticking around, or recollecting more grime. Our enhanced water is electrolyzed and oxidized to create a powerful cleaning solution without chemicals!
Disinfecting Is Step Two
As we mentioned above, the CDC recommends a good disinfectant session on these surfaces after a thorough cleaning! So here are a few tips from the CDC for disinfecting your home to the best of your ability after your Zerorez® cleaning:
- Clean the area or item with soap and water or another detergent if it is dirty. Then, use a household disinfectant. Recommend use of EPA-registered household disinfectant.
- Follow the instructions on the label to ensure the safe and effective use of the product. Many products recommend:
- Keeping surface wet for a period of time (see product label)
- Precautions such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during the use of the product.
- Diluted household bleach solutions may also be used if appropriate for the surface. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for application and proper ventilation. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser.
- Leave the solution on the surface for at least 1 minute
To make a bleach solution, mix:
5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water
4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
- Alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol.
What Zerorez® Phoenix Is Doing For Coronavirus Cleaning
Our technicians are taking steps to do their part in keeping everyone healthy.
- Washing hands regularly
- Disinfecting equipment between each job
- Staying home when they are not feeling well
- Wearing shoe covers and gloves at each job
During this time we are providing each customer with a free spray bottle of Powered Water® after their cleaning to help keep surfaces clean and remove germs.
So while you stay busy cleaning your home, allow Zerorez® Phoenix to do some thorough Coronavirus cleaning your carpeting, couches, chairs, rugs, and shoot, even the tile if you want!
Your home will be ready to go for the disinfecting phase of your plan ASAP.
Stay safe everyone, and feel free to give us a call with any other questions you might have!